Fort de Soto Park is located in the Tampa Bay area. It has a nice dog beach and it’s close to some very good fishing too. There are many places to stay with your dog and it’s not too bad of a drive from the hotels to this park, so if you want to bring your dog along, you definitely can do that in this area.
There are several places to stay in central Florida where pets are welcome. There aren’t, however, several beaches to go to that allow your pets. There are some places where you can pull off the side of the road in the inshore (bay) areas where you can bring your dog down with no problem, but these aren’t major beach areas. There are some beaches though that allow your dogs to come with you. Make sure you check the current regulations before bringing your dog with you on the beach.
Last we checked though, here are some more options for you.
- Honeymoon Island State Park – Dunedin, FL
- Flagler Beach in Flagler Beach, FL
- Atsena Otie Key – Cedar Key, FL
- Smyrna Dunes Park – New Smyrna Beach, FL
- Picnic Island Beach Dog Park – Tampa, FL
- Lighthouse Point Park – Ponce Inlet, FL
- De Soto National Memorial Beach – Bradenton, FL
- Gandy Bridge Causeway – St. Petersburg, FL
- Canova Dog Beach – Indialantic, FL
- Apollo Beach – Apollo Beach, FL
View All of our Featured Central Florida Destinations