Southwest Florida Destinations
- Captiva Island – A fishing paradise. Snook, redfish, sea trout and more.
- Charlotte Harbor – Come late spring into early summer for the excellent tarpon migration. Excellent year-round fishing for a variety of other species as well.
- Marco Island – Outstanding fishing whether you fish inshore or offshore. Snook, jack crevalle, grouper, snapper, sharks and more.
- Pine Island – Located near the beautiful islands of Captiva and Sanibel, you can experience some excellent fishing and low budget lodging options. With a decent boat, you can stay on Pine Island to save some money, but still head over to Captiva and Sanibel Islands for some spectacular saltwater fishing.
- Sanibel Island – One of the top fishing destinations in the entire country.
Southeast Florida Destinations
- Palm Beach County – Beautiful water, good beach & pier fishing, excellent inshore fishing to go along with some very good offshore fishing as well.
- Fort Lauderdale Area – Offshore fishing is king here. Mahi mahi, sailfish, kingfish, mackerel, sharks, barracuda and more.
- Lake Okeechobee – One of the best bass fishing lakes in Florida.
- Miami – Outstanding offshore destination. Sailfish, marlin, mahi mahi, swordfish, grouper, snapper and more.
Way South Florida
- Florida Keys – The best saltwater fishing destination in the country.
- Everglades – Outstanding fishery for freshwater bass or numerous saltwater species.
More Florida Fishing Information
Visit our Florida Fishing page for much more information.
Tell us what you think. Feel free to leave a comment about a great destination that we may have overlooked.