Florida Central West Coast Destinations
- Clearwater – So many options, not enough time. Docks, beaches, bays, canals, passes and some excellent offshore fishing is available here. You can catch redfish, sea trout, sheepshead, flounder, sharks, mackerel and more.
- Crystal River – Redfish, sea trout, pompano, spanish mackerel and more in this backcountry fishing paradise.
- Homosassa – The inshore fishing is excellent for redfish, sea trout and more.
- St. Petersburg – One of the greatest shore fishing destinations in all of Florida because of the beaches and fishing piers (see skyway piers). Fish boca ciega bay, tampa bay, canals, docks, passes, beaches, inshore and offshore for too many species to list.
- Tampa Bay – The bay offers so many fishing opportunities. Grouper, snapper, redfish, tarpon and more.
Florida Central East Coast Destinations
- Space Coast – Great redfish destination, but plenty of other inshore and offshore options.
- Fort Lauderdale Area – Offshore fishing is king here. Mahi mahi, sailfish, kingfish, mackerel, sharks, barracuda and more.
- Lake Okeechobee – One of the best bass fishing lakes in Florida.
- Miami – Outstanding offshore destination. Sailfish, marlin, mahi mahi, swordfish, grouper, snapper and more.
- Palm Beach County – Beautiful water, good beach & pier fishing, excellent inshore fishing to go along with some very good offshore fishing as well.
Florida Central Destinations
- Walt Disney World – Pay for a bass fishing excursion here and you’ll have plenty of action with a good chance of hooking up with a bass in the 5 to 7 pound range.
- Kissimmee, Florida – Outstanding bass fishing to go along with crappie and bluegill. The Kissimmee Chain of Lakes offers anglers great opportunities to catch lots of bass in the 2 to 3 pound range plus many bass in the 4 to 7 pound range and a bass over 10 pounds is not uncommon.
- Orlando – Great bass fishing destination. Most anglers either fish Disney World, Kissimmee and Lake County Florida.
More Florida Fishing Information
Visit our Florida Fishing page for much more information.
Tell us what you think. Feel free to leave a comment about a great destination that we may have overlooked.